Wednesday, October 24, 2007

In the Pumpkin Patch

5 weeks in. Evelyn has gained a bit of weight and is beginning to sleep through the night. We could not be happier. The initial fatigue of every 2 hour feeds is fading and Stacy and I are finding time to have dates. We are settling in to family life well. People ask me if my life has changed, and the answer is "yes", but frankly having a baby hasn't been "life-changing" the way you typically think of it. Having Evelyn seems really natural, really...right. She should be here now. So I feel more like myself, more like the Gabe who is a dad, and since I was ready, it seems, well, pretty normal. We trust all is well.





Oh look, we found a cute little pumpkin!



Show me angry, baby!


Show me crying, baby...yeah!



Be the pumpkin...be the pumpkin..nahnahnahnah....nahnahnah....


No pictures, no more posing, only milk and mommy's cozy.

1 comment:

thecleggfamily said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby!! So tiny!!! Sue Skinner sent me the link to your blog. Stacy, you look GREAT! Hope you have a blast with your special little gift.

Love,
Jennifer (Easterwood) Clegg
we have a blog too:
www.thecleggfamily.blogspot.com