Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Favorite Restaurant

Ok, so I completely forgot to write about what I considered the highlight of our trip. A 4 hour, 23 course meal at my favorite restaurant. If humans have the ability and creativity to prepare meals that look and taste as fantastic as these, then I can't wait to have dinner in heaven.

Yes, I realize it may be a little weird to take pictures of your food and then blog about it but I don't care. Don't worry I didn't post a picture of them all, just some of our favorites.


This dish was called RHUBARB with goat milk and onion, on a pillow filled with lavender infused air which slowly leaked out




WATERMELLON with lime and nasturgium. You inhaled it all in one sweet bite.




We called this "Carney Food." On the left is a mustard sorbe with passionfruit and allspice. Doesn't taste weird at all. In the middle was a smoldering cinnamon stick with a fried sweet potato on the end. On the left was bacon cooked in butterscotch, apple and thyme.


SOFT SHELL CRAB with carrot, five spice, and duck



PIGEONNEAU a la Saint Clair (a famous french dish made from the original early 1900 recipe) mazing, and not surprising since Chef Achatz worked at the French Laundry.

No comments: