Thursday, November 5, 2009

Customer Service

I recently had such a wonderful experience with a store here in town that I just had to share. About 4 months ago I purchased a Born, leather bag from Browns Shoe's here in town. As some of you may know I have been carrying it around as a diaper bag. Last week I picked up the bag and to my surprise the leather around the handle was torn. I was shocked and sad. The bag was not cheap and I expected better quality from Born. I contacted Born, thinking "It's been 4 months I'm sure there is nothing that Brown's can do for me." I spoke with a very nice lady at Born who said they have stopped making bags and to contact the store I purchased it from to see if they could help me. So I took it into Browns, they took a look at it and said they would see if it could be fixed. They also said if it couldn't be fixed they would either give me another bag (they didn't have any more bags like mine) or give me store credit.

Well yesterday they called to say the bag was ready. I picked it up and it looked as good as new. The store clerk said that if I was satisfied then they would cover the cost of having it fixed. (They use a guy here in town who repairs shoes)

How often do you have a store that takes care of a defect in another company's product? Way to go Brown's!

No comments: