Monday, August 11, 2008

Demolition Day

This past Saturday was demolition day. My parents and brother came into town and helped us tear down the kitchen cabinets and the sheet rock off the wall. In about 3 hours my brother and dad had it all taken out. Way to go guys! We could not have done this without you. Gabe, my mom, and I helped with the clean-up. As a side note, let me say that Gabe would have helped with the demo but he was working at the hospital all morning saving lives. He was very disappointed that he did not get to tear down the wall. My mom, Evelyn and I came home from running errands to a layer of sheet rock dust on everything. I did not think to cover the book shelves so we had fun dusting every book in our living room. Here is our kitchen in it's current state.
We are hoping the pipes can be moved. If not, this could all have been a horrible mistake. Any ideas on how to camouflage them.
Evelyn loves playing with cords. Look at that face. She is almost daring me to come and take it away from her. Let's see what happens.
She looks it over and thinks, "I wonder what this will taste like?"
And into the mouth it goes. I might add that Evelyn was not harmed in the taking of this picture as I quickly removed the cord from her mouth.



2 comments:

Erika Waters said...

Hooray Neals! I must say how simply delighted I am that you have been frequently updating your blog. Bravo friends! Bravo!

Sara said...

Wow! What a bummer if you can't move the pipes. Maybe you could wrap a nice ribbon around them for a touch of flair...