Thursday, August 21, 2008

A funny thing...

So a funny thing happened today at Starbucks. I locked Evelyn in the car. Thankfully it had been raining so it was a little cooler than the usual crazy hot. I quickly ran into Starbucks, borrowed a friends phone and called pop-a-lock. (Which is free if a child is trapped inside.) Within minutes we had a fire truck and ambulance team working on the car. After what seemed like forever standing in the now pouring rain, the fireman was able to open the door. As if things were not already embarrassing enough, apparently the back door was almost closed but not quite so if I had only closed the door completely then it would have activated the never-lock-your-keys-in-the-car system and I would have been able to avoid the three ring circus. The fire man was kind enough not to make me feel even more like an idiot when he pointed out how I could have unlocked the doors. Oh well, now I know and we can all laugh at it. For those of you who already knew this handy info about the door, please don't write and tell me. You were not there standing in the rain watching your kid cry inside the car.

Our kitchen is looking better. The pipe was able to be moved. We are just waiting for our counter tops to be installed, hopefully tomorrow. This weekend we will put the knowledge gained from watching HGTV into practice as Gabe and I install the tile back splash.

Last week we took in a new housemate . My friend's younger sister, Haley, needed a place to live while going to Blinn, so she is living with us. We are getting a refresher course in the complexity (or lack thereof) of college life.

We just passed 11 months with Evelyn. I can't believe she will soon be a year old. She loves it when I chase her around the house, and she is enjoying the extra attention from Haley.



We are thinking of leaving the lights exposed. It gives the room that warehouse feel.


Evelyn's new favorite toy is a pair of lemons. She crawls around everywhere with them, or at least she did until I cooked with them.




She loves pushing the walker around. We are actually training her to mow the lawn.


Keep us posted,
Gabe and Stacy

3 comments:

Trait said...

So, does this mean my room is taken when we come for visits? I'm not sure I like this turn of events. I enjoyed having the west wing to myself. Ha!

The kitchen looks great, by the way.

Sara said...

You poor thing! You are not expected to have a clear head when in that situation, it's an official mommy rule.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the remodeling really opens up the kitchen & dining room. It looks great. Evelyn is as cute as ever. Love y'all, Aunt Sue