Sunday, August 31, 2008

10 Year Reunion

This past weekend we loaded up the car and headed to Marshall for my 10 year high school reunion. I can't say that I was super excited about going but I wasn't dreading it either. I decided to keep my expectations low. In high school I was not part of the popular crowd. I was shy and quiet. (I know this is a shocker to those that know me now : ) I was in band (which some may consider nerdy) and most of my close friends were from band or my church. I always tried to do my best not to stand out but rather blend in. Well apparently I succeeded. Not only did Gabe (who didn't go to our school) get more waves and "hello's" from classmates but my one friend that I keep in touch with from high school (Chad) had to introduce me to several of our classmates. The funniest was when a classmate walked up to our table and started talking to Chad. To be polite, Chad turns to me and says, "And you remember Stacy." Implying of course you would remember Stacy. She gets this blank stare on her face and then a long pause followed by incomplete words as she tries to come up with a reason why she doesn't remember me. It was quite awkward for all sitting at the table. We couldn't help but to bust out laughing after she quickly walked away.

Another favorite comment, "She looks familiar. Do I know her?" Chad's reply, "She went to school with us."

It was as I expected. Few people I knew showed up and most people seemed to revert back to the way they acted in high school.

Our kitchen is finally coming together. Gabe and I stayed up until 1 am tiling last Thursday and got up the next morning and grouted. We finally have our new counter tops and are hoping to paint sometime this week.

Evelyn is changing rapidly before our eyes. On the way to Marshall she learned how to play peek-a-boo. She holds the blanket over her face, waits for me to say, "Where's Evie?" and then pulls the blanket down. Her top front tooth is coming in. She is standing for longer periods without holding onto something. And when she walks with her walker, she pulls it back and tries to turn around after running into something. My mom had a little birthday cake for her when we were staying with them. She wasn't sure what to think of the candle but had a great time eating cake and icing.



Evelyn and Neal Playing

View from the living room

The finished back splash


View from the entry way



"Where's Evie?"


"There she is!"



"What am I supposed to do with this?"


"If I play dumb, I might be able to eat it all before they notice."


"Is this some kind of trick? Why are you all staring at me?"

"Who cares, this is good. I'm eating it all anyways."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see y'all this weekend. We were glad to be a part of Evelyn's "early birthday party". She is growing up so fast. Love Aunt Sue

Mindy said...

These pictures are adorable! I cant wait to see the finished kitchen.

Mark and Kimberly Davis said...

Cute birthday pics! Evelyn is such a doll!