Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas, New Years, and Other Events

This year we spent Christmas with my family in Marshall, Tx. We all had a wonderful, relaxing time together. I think Evelyn's favorite toy was the the stroller that her Nana gave her. She loved pushing her doll, and anything else she could fit in the stroller, around the house, Maeve enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper.

The day after I celebrated 30 years of life. My mom and I went shopping, always something I enjoy doing, and then met the rest of the family for lunch.

One of gifts Gabe got me was a cookbook of salad recipes. I've decided that as a healthy way to start out the new year I will make a new salad each night for dinner for the next month. This may sound crazy to most of you but not all of the salads are lettuce with a few veggies. Last night we had roasted duck salad and it was not only filling but very yummy. I'll keep you updated on how it goes for the next month. Gabe might be regretting that he bought me a salad cookbook.

New Year's was spent in Grapevine with Gabe's mom and grandmother. Evelyn had fun playing with Gigi's dogs and even told me at one point during the weekend that she "needed a dog." The day after I had fun shopping with my mother-in-law and later hanging out with some of Gabe's cousins.

The girls are growing up too fast. Evelyn enjoys playing in her kitchen, painting, and helping me with any project I'm working on. She loves to hide and have you make three guesses as to where she is hiding. After the third guess she pops out from her spot and exclaims, "Here Evie is!"

Maeve is finally sleeping through the night, every night. Her and Evelyn now officially share a room. Maeve is getting close to crawling, and She loves being around Evelyn and watching her. It is so cute when they make each other laugh.



Evelyn enjoying a chocolate biscotti

Showing some love

Maeve, "Let's get this party started."

Evelyn and her frog helping with the laundry


My roasted duck salad. It was quite tasty, even the next night as left-overs.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cute babies! That salad looks delicious! Post the recipe!

Mindy said...

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever seen. How in the world did she get in the dryer? Priceless